Dance From Within is an annual Yoga and Bellydance retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains focused on integrating a dancer's technique and training with their own self expression.
Dance From Within 2013 begins Thursday, June 27 th at 6pm and ends Sunday, June 30th at 6pm. Opening circle begins promptly at 8pm Thursday - PLEASE MAKE YOUR PLANS TO ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH TO GET SETTLED IN. We suggest arriving at 6pm.
We are only accepting 25 registrants as we want this to be an intimate community experience.
- $499 Early Bird Registration until April 15th (limited to 5 spots)
- $565 Regular Registration
- Limited payment plan options will be available on a first-come first-served basis.
Registration is non-refundable. If you are unable to make the event, it is your responsibility to sell your spot and contact the event coordinator with the new participant's information.
This is an outdoor event. Our vision is to connect with nature, community and our own bodies in a ridiculously gorgeous setting with as many luxuries as possible. The class space is covered from the sun.
How will you travel? Do you have any special needs? We cannot always accommodate special needs, but we will do our best. Please note your travel requests in the notes section of the registration page.
Dharma Ridge is located in the Santa Cruz (CA) Mountains between Soquel and Los Gatos. It is approximately 20 minutes from HWY 1 and HWY 17 off of Old San Jose Rd. Address and directions will be given upon registration as Dharma Ridge visits are by invitation or appointment only.
WHAT TO BRING:
Wear layers - here in the mountains the weather ranges from cold at night to hot in the day and everything in between.
- Bug spray (Aubrey Organics makes an excellent herbal/essential oil bug spray)
- Clothes you can move and dance in
- Yoga mat
- Journal (recommended for Mira’s classes)
- Bathing suit
- Hiking Shoes
- Bedding (mats, blankets, sleeping bag, pillow - whatever you need to be comfy on the covered ground)
NOTE* This land is sacred and self-sustainable, please care for it by bringing non-toxic and biodegradable toiletries wherever possible.
Large dormitory style tents are provided for guests. Please bring your own bedding. If you are traveling by plane and need assistance with bedding, contact us.
The option to bring your own tent is available in the "Accommodations" drop down menu on the right side of this page, above the "register now" button.
There are private outdoor bathrooms and showers on premises.
- Water, tea and fruit will be available at all times.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided on Friday Saturday
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on Sunday
- All meals are vegetarian and organic wherever possible, with no refined sugar
- Feel free to bring your own favorite snacks
- Vegan and gluten-free friendly options available! Please specify at registration if you require a vegan or gluten-free menu.
- We will have exclusive vending from the teachers and staff - herbal concoctions, music, fashion and more!
- Beer and Wine by donation on Friday and Saturday nights (ID required)
There is cell phone reception at Dharma Ridge. We have verified a strong Verizon connection. Cell phone charging will be limited, so plan accordingly. And of course, we hope that guests will keep their cell phone use to a minimum.